-   -   Global Error Handling (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/424573-global-error-handling.html)

Albert

Global Error Handling

Hello!

I have a huge workbook with hundreds of procedures.
I would like to add an error handling procedure, but I don't want to go into
each of the many procedures to write "on error goto blah blah blah".

Is there a way to create a general and global error handling technique,
maybe at the beginning of the module or something? Something like, "on error
run My_Error_Handler" but that applies to every procedure in the workbook.

Thanks in advance,
Albert C

Jim Thomlinson

Global Error Handling

In short... No. there is a tool out there to make adding an error handler a
lot easier though. Check out this addin. Click one button and it will add all
of the error handling code you need to a single procedure. It alos does a
whole pile of other very useful stuff.

http://www.mztools.com/index.aspx
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Albert" wrote:

Hello!

I have a huge workbook with hundreds of procedures.
I would like to add an error handling procedure, but I don't want to go into
each of the many procedures to write "on error goto blah blah blah".

Is there a way to create a general and global error handling technique,
maybe at the beginning of the module or something? Something like, "on error
run My_Error_Handler" but that applies to every procedure in the workbook.

Thanks in advance,
Albert C

Albert

Global Error Handling