-   -   Wierdness on Excel Object Browser (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/424277-wierdness-excel-object-browser.html)

[email protected][_2_]

Wierdness on Excel Object Browser

After some research today I discovered how to fetch the list index of
a dropdown:

Sheets("Configuration").DropDowns("sg_database_dro pdown").ListIndex

At first I didn't know what exactly I was looking for - since I was
searching for ComboBox not DropDowns.

But anyway, I'm puzzled why I couldn't go into the Object Browser,
search over all Libraries , enter Sheets, and then get DropDowns in
the Member-of window.

After that I searched for DropDown and the DropDown object didn't
appear.

I was able to find what I needed by searching the internet.

But is there a trick to using the Object Browser that I'm not seeing?

How would I find that Sheets has a DropDowns collection and that
DropDown has a ListIndex property?

Or could I work backwards and from DropDown see that it would be a
member of a Sheets object?

Thanks.