-   -   FORMULA FOR CELSIUS TO FAHRENHEIT (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/424218-formula-celsius-fahrenheit.html)

Boyertown Casket[_2_]

FORMULA FOR CELSIUS TO FAHRENHEIT

Is there a formula available to allow me to place a Celsius temperature
(numeric equivalent) in a cell and it returns that number as a Fahrenheit
temperature?

I would like to input 2 (as in 2 o C) and have the answer be returned as:
35.6 o F
The degree symbol needs to be superscript.

Thank you.

JLGWhiz

FORMULA FOR CELSIUS TO FAHRENHEIT

Put an integer value in cell A2 then put this formula in B2

=CONVERT(A2,"C","F")

"Boyertown Casket" wrote:

Is there a formula available to allow me to place a Celsius temperature
(numeric equivalent) in a cell and it returns that number as a Fahrenheit
temperature?

I would like to input 2 (as in 2 o C) and have the answer be returned as:
35.6 o F
The degree symbol needs to be superscript.

Thank you.

JE McGimpsey

FORMULA FOR CELSIUS TO FAHRENHEIT

You could use

=CONVERT(A1,"C","F")

Format the cell using Format/Cell/Number/Custom 0.0°F

Or you could just use the simple formula:

= A1 * 9/5 + 32

In article ,
Boyertown Casket wrote:

Is there a formula available to allow me to place a Celsius temperature
(numeric equivalent) in a cell and it returns that number as a Fahrenheit
temperature?

I would like to input 2 (as in 2 o C) and have the answer be returned as:
35.6 o F
The degree symbol needs to be superscript.

Thank you.

Boyertown Casket[_2_]

FORMULA FOR CELSIUS TO FAHRENHEIT

Thank you very much for your response.

"Boyertown Casket" wrote:

Is there a formula available to allow me to place a Celsius temperature
(numeric equivalent) in a cell and it returns that number as a Fahrenheit
temperature?

I would like to input 2 (as in 2 o C) and have the answer be returned as:
35.6 o F
The degree symbol needs to be superscript.

Thank you.

Boyertown Casket[_2_]

FORMULA FOR CELSIUS TO FAHRENHEIT

Thank you for your response as another option.

Boyertown Casket wrote:

Is there a formula available to allow me to place a Celsius temperature
(numeric equivalent) in a cell and it returns that number as a Fahrenheit
temperature?

I would like to input 2 (as in 2 o C) and have the answer be returned as:
35.6 o F
The degree symbol needs to be superscript.

Thank you.

egun

FORMULA FOR CELSIUS TO FAHRENHEIT

To get the degree sign, etc:

=CONVERT(A2,"C","F")&"°F"

Boyertown Casket[_2_]

FORMULA FOR CELSIUS TO FAHRENHEIT

Question: Although I followed what was given, my answer displays #NAME?

This is what I did: Cell a1 is my input and cell b1 contains the formula:
=CONVERT(a1,"C","F")&"°F"

b1 returns #NAME?

Will you explain what I am doing incorrectly. Do the cells need to be
formatted in any manner?

Thanks.

"egun" wrote:

To get the degree sign, etc:

=CONVERT(A2,"C","F")&"°F"

JE McGimpsey

FORMULA FOR CELSIUS TO FAHRENHEIT

CONVERT() in pre-XL07 versions is part of the Analysis Toolpak Add-in
that you can install (Tools/Add-ins...).

Alternatively, you can just use the formula I posted befo

=A1 * 9/5 + 32

which works in all versions.

In article ,
Boyertown Casket wrote:

Question: Although I followed what was given, my answer displays #NAME?

This is what I did: Cell a1 is my input and cell b1 contains the formula:
=CONVERT(a1,"C","F")&"°F"

b1 returns #NAME?

Will you explain what I am doing incorrectly. Do the cells need to be
formatted in any manner?

Boyertown Casket[_2_]

FORMULA FOR CELSIUS TO FAHRENHEIT

Or you could just use the simple formula:

= A1 * 9/5 + 32

This worked. Thanks.