-   -   Changing tabbing order in Userforms (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/423902-changing-tabbing-order-userforms.html)

Ed Sowell

Changing tabbing order in Userforms

When I create a new form the tabbing order seems to get set according to the
order in which the coltrols are inserted. However, if I later decide I have
to put in a new control in then middle of the ones created earlier the
resulting tabbing order is jumbled when the form is used. So, I seek to
revise the order so tabbing goes from top to bottom and from left to right.

The problem is if I reset the TabIndexes in the properties sheet they don't
stick. I.e., if I change the TabIndex for a control for 23 to 2, then 14 to
3, etc, when I go back to those controls later the tab indices have changed
to something else. How do I force it to keep the indicies I assign?

TIA

Ed

Harald Staff[_2_]

Changing tabbing order in Userforms

Hi Ed

Rightclick the userform, select Tab order and do your things there.
Note that Frames, multipages and other containers need individual treatment.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Ed Sowell" wrote in message
When I create a new form the tabbing order seems to get set according to
the order in which the coltrols are inserted. However, if I later decide I
have to put in a new control in then middle of the ones created earlier
the resulting tabbing order is jumbled when the form is used. So, I seek
to revise the order so tabbing goes from top to bottom and from left to
right.

The problem is if I reset the TabIndexes in the properties sheet they
don't stick. I.e., if I change the TabIndex for a control for 23 to 2,
then 14 to 3, etc, when I go back to those controls later the tab indices
have changed to something else. How do I force it to keep the indicies I
assign?

TIA

Ed

Ed Sowell