-   -   Is this possible? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/423893-possible.html)

Todd Virlee

Is this possible?

If your spreadsheet looks like this

ValueA ValueB ValueC

where these cells are A1, A2, and A3.

If another row has a cell that has =(A1+A2), we want to have a macro that
would put a value in the cell below that displays =(ValueA+ValueB).

Gary''s Student

Is this possible?

Select the cell containing the formula and run:

Sub document_it()
Set r = ActiveCell
v = r.Formula
v = Replace(v, "A1", Range("A1").Value)
v = Replace(v, "B1", Range("B1").Value)
r.Offset(1, 0).NumberFormat = "@"
r.Offset(1, 0).Value = v
Gary''s Student - gsnu200832

"Todd Virlee" wrote:

If your spreadsheet looks like this

ValueA ValueB ValueC

where these cells are A1, A2, and A3.

If another row has a cell that has =(A1+A2), we want to have a macro that
would put a value in the cell below that displays =(ValueA+ValueB).

Todd Virlee

Is this possible?

Now we need to figure out how to make it dynamic so it will be able to work
with any cell references in the sheet.

"Todd Virlee" wrote:

If your spreadsheet looks like this

ValueA ValueB ValueC

where these cells are A1, A2, and A3.

If another row has a cell that has =(A1+A2), we want to have a macro that
would put a value in the cell below that displays =(ValueA+ValueB).

Gary''s Student

Is this possible?

This is do-able, but not easy.
It is beyond this Student's ability.