-   -   copying a formula to other cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/423641-copying-formula-other-cells.html)

Russ

copying a formula to other cells

This is a trivial question but I have run into a wall trying to find the
answer.
I have a formula in a cell which I want to copy to the cells below with a
simple routine. A sample routine looks like this:

Public Sub test_case()
Dim r As Long
With ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1)
For r = 2 To 5
.Cells(r, 1).Formula = .Cells(1, 1)
Next
End With
End Sub

In cell(1,1) is the sample formula =RC2/RC3. The routine, as it is, copies
the formula down to the 4 cells below. =RC2/RC3 shows in the cells but it is
not a formula that equates to the value. How do I change the code to get it
to be a real formula? Any help will be greatly appreciated

--
russ