-   -   copying formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/423578-copying-formula.html)

Gulfman100

copying formula

I copied the following formula to another cell: =INDEX(LumberDB,MATCH('Lumber
Gabel Roof'!B6,LumberSize,0),MATCH('Lumber
Gabel Roof'!B18,BoardLength,0))

In the cell I copied the formula to I changed the first Match to cell B7,
and the second Match to cell B8. The copied formula with changes results in
#NA. B7 and B8 cells are formatted like the cells in the copied formula. B7
is the row and B8 is the column used in the Match.

=INDEX(LumberDB,MATCH('Lumber Gabel Roof'!B7,LumberSize,0),MATCH('Lumber
Gabel Roof'!B8,BoardLength,0)) What's going on? Help is appreciated.

JLGWhiz

copying formula

It is telling you that it did not find a match.