-   -   performing function on selected rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/423416-re-performing-function-selected-rows.html)

Mike H

performing function on selected rows

Hi,

I've assumed that the date column is text and not a formatted date

=MAX(IF(A2:A11="January",B2:B11))
=MIN(IF(A2:A11="January",B2:B11))
=AVERAGE(IF(A2:A11="January",B2:B11))

These are array formula which must be entered with CTRL+Shift+Enter and NOT
'just enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets around
'the formula{}. You can't type these yourself. If you Edit the ranges
'then you must re-enter as An array

Mike
"drose" wrote:

I would like to know if there is a way or function that would allow me to
look at a table and take the mean, min, max and range of supply for January.

month supply
January 5
Feburary 4
January 3

drose

performing function on selected rows

That will work, I assume there isn't a way for it to find MAX, MIN etc for
current month? so I will always need to type "month" that I'm looking for?

"drose" wrote:

I would like to know if there is a way or function that would allow me to
look at a table and take the mean, min, max and range of supply for January.

month supply
January 5
Feburary 4
January 3

Mike H

performing function on selected rows

Hi,

Yes you can do that but you would need properly formatted dates

=MAX(IF(MONTH(A2:A11)=MONTH(NOW()),B2:B11))

Once again an array

Mike