-   -   the post method to the workbook does not work properly (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/422732-post-method-workbook-does-not-work-properly.html)

mirabelle

the post method to the workbook does not work properly

Here is the command I used

wb.Post ("\\Public Folders\All Public Folders\PurchasingFolder\")

However, a dailog box pops up with the public folders tree view

What is the syntax of the "destination" parameter, so it would post without
bringing up the dialog box.

Thanks

Dominique

OssieMac

the post method to the workbook does not work properly

Hi Mirabelle,

The following copied out of Help:-
DestName Optional Variant This argument is ignored. The Post method prompts
the user to specify the destination for the workbook.

Therefore I doubt that you can do what you want to.

OssieMac

"mirabelle" wrote:

Here is the command I used

wb.Post ("\\Public Folders\All Public Folders\PurchasingFolder\")

However, a dailog box pops up with the public folders tree view

What is the syntax of the "destination" parameter, so it would post without
bringing up the dialog box.

Thanks

Dominique

mirabelle

the post method to the workbook does not work properly

Is there any other way to post an Excel spreadsheet to a public folder (not
as an attachment to an E-mail message) but as a document - so I can take
advantage of the documents properties displayes in a view.

"mirabelle" wrote:

Here is the command I used

wb.Post ("\\Public Folders\All Public Folders\PurchasingFolder\")

However, a dailog box pops up with the public folders tree view

What is the syntax of the "destination" parameter, so it would post without
bringing up the dialog box.

Thanks

Dominique

OssieMac

the post method to the workbook does not work properly

Hi Mirabelle,

Don't know the answer. Maybe you should put your question in a new post.

OssieMac

"mirabelle" wrote:

Here is the command I used

wb.Post ("\\Public Folders\All Public Folders\PurchasingFolder\")

However, a dailog box pops up with the public folders tree view

What is the syntax of the "destination" parameter, so it would post without
bringing up the dialog box.

Thanks

Dominique

jaf

the post method to the workbook does not work properly

Hi Mirabelle,

What's wrong with...
wb.SaveCopyAs "\\Public Folders\All Public Folders\PurchasingFolder\filename.xls"

You do need to add a filename.

I've never seen "posting" to anything but a webserver.

John