-   -   Disabled VB Editor Button and Macro Buttons (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/422700-disabled-vbulletin-editor-button-macro-buttons.html)

jean grey

Disabled VB Editor Button and Macro Buttons

Hi everyone. This is my first post here.
I have recently opened the MS Office Excel 2007.
I wanted to create a VBA code, but the VB editor and macros buttons are all
disabled in the Developer ribbon.
There are no macros running.
There are no active add-ins.
No workbook is currently opened.
I'm running MS Excel via the MS Virtual PC 2007.
Could running it from a virtual PC be the cause?
Or could it be something else? :(

Per Jessen

Disabled VB Editor Button and Macro Buttons

Hi

A macro can't stand alone, so you have to open a workbook (can be empty).

Hopes it helps.

---
Per

"jean grey" skrev i meddelelsen
Hi everyone. This is my first post here.
I have recently opened the MS Office Excel 2007.
I wanted to create a VBA code, but the VB editor and macros buttons are
all
disabled in the Developer ribbon.
There are no macros running.
There are no active add-ins.
No workbook is currently opened.
I'm running MS Excel via the MS Virtual PC 2007.
Could running it from a virtual PC be the cause?
Or could it be something else? :(

jean grey

Disabled VB Editor Button and Macro Buttons

Hello, Per.
I opened an empty workbook just to make sure it's clean of macros.
Still, the said buttons are disabled. :(

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

A macro can't stand alone, so you have to open a workbook (can be empty).

Hopes it helps.

---
Per

"jean grey" skrev i meddelelsen
Hi everyone. This is my first post here.
I have recently opened the MS Office Excel 2007.
I wanted to create a VBA code, but the VB editor and macros buttons are
all
disabled in the Developer ribbon.
There are no macros running.
There are no active add-ins.
No workbook is currently opened.
I'm running MS Excel via the MS Virtual PC 2007.
Could running it from a virtual PC be the cause?
Or could it be something else? :(

Charlie

Disabled VB Editor Button and Macro Buttons

The only other reason I can think of that said buttons might be disabled is
that your cursor is in the function edit bar not in a cell.

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

A macro can't stand alone, so you have to open a workbook (can be empty).

Hopes it helps.

---
Per

"jean grey" skrev i meddelelsen
Hi everyone. This is my first post here.
I have recently opened the MS Office Excel 2007.
I wanted to create a VBA code, but the VB editor and macros buttons are
all
disabled in the Developer ribbon.
There are no macros running.
There are no active add-ins.
No workbook is currently opened.
I'm running MS Excel via the MS Virtual PC 2007.
Could running it from a virtual PC be the cause?
Or could it be something else? :(

jean grey

Disabled VB Editor Button and Macro Buttons

Hi Charlie. Nope, my cursor was in a cell.

Anyway, since I had no time for troubleshooting,
I had no choice but to re-install MS Excel.
Now, the buttons are enabled.

Thanks for the ideas, though. :)