-   -   Create .exe file for an add-in (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/422401-create-exe-file-add.html)

SANDIND[_2_]

Create .exe file for an add-in

Hi All,

Can some one guide me as to how I can create .exe file for an add-in which I
have saved as .xla( 2003 version).

Thanks, SS

Harald Staff[_2_]

Create .exe file for an add-in

Hi SS

You must totally rewrite it in Visual Studio (or some other suitable
programming envrionment) and compile it there.

HTH. Best wises Harald

"SANDIND" wrote in message
Hi All,

Can some one guide me as to how I can create .exe file for an add-in which
have saved as .xla( 2003 version).

Thanks, SS

SANDIND[_2_]

Create .exe file for an add-in

Thanks ,

Could you please suggest me any material or site which can guide me through
this, as I am not aware of this process at all.

Have a nice day.

SS

"SANDIND" wrote in message
Hi All,

Can some one guide me as to how I can create .exe file for an add-in which
have saved as .xla( 2003 version).

Thanks, SS

Harald Staff[_2_]

Create .exe file for an add-in

No, this is too complex. As in "what is computer programming?". There is
about a zillion things to know or to consider.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"SANDIND" wrote in message
Hi All,

Can some one guide me as to how I can create .exe file for an add-in
which
have saved as .xla( 2003 version).

Thanks, SS

Jim Thomlinson

Create .exe file for an add-in

You are probably looking for a com addin and not an EXE. Check out this link
to get started...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CreatingCOMAddIn.aspx
--
HTH...