-   -   Excel and Visual Basic (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/422203-excel-visual-basic.html)

Realtor Tommy

Excel and Visual Basic

I have some Excel templates that were compiled using visual basic that will
not work with my new mac Office 2007. The Office 2003 I was using was on my
IBM laptop so I do not have access to a version of excel that will work on my
Mac with these templates. How can I get an Excel program to run by templates?

JNW

Excel and Visual Basic

The problem (if I'm understanding correctly) is that Mac Office 2007 does not
have VBA, so any file with macros is not going to work.

"Realtor Tommy" wrote:

I have some Excel templates that were compiled using visual basic that will
not work with my new mac Office 2007. The Office 2003 I was using was on my
IBM laptop so I do not have access to a version of excel that will work on my
Mac with these templates. How can I get an Excel program to run by templates?

Leith Ross[_721_]

Excel and Visual Basic

Hello Realtor Tommy,

Since support for VBA was dropped from Office for Macs in the 2004
edition, you have a couple of choices. You can recreate the templates
using Apple's own AppleScript or iWorks Office compatible software or
wait until the next version of Office for the Mac is released. Microsoft
has decided to bring back VBA in the next release, but will be only
partially compatible with Office 2007. Based on Apple's product cycle
being about every 4 years, it will probably be released about 2012.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross