-   -   how do i show non-unique records (duplicates) using advanced filte (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/421821-how-do-i-show-non-unique-records-duplicates-using-advanced-filte.html)

Marty

how do i show non-unique records (duplicates) using advanced filte

i want to show the duplicates and hide the unique records. advanced filter
works great when selecting "unique records only", but i want the opposite
result. any ideas on how to accomplish this using the filter or VBA would be
great!

Thanks!

Bernie Deitrick

how do i show non-unique records (duplicates) using advanced filte

Marty,

I would use a helper column, with a formula like

=COUNTIF(A:A,A2)

copied down, then filter on that column, for values 1.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Marty" wrote in message
i want to show the duplicates and hide the unique records. advanced filter
works great when selecting "unique records only", but i want the opposite
result. any ideas on how to accomplish this using the filter or VBA would be
great!

Thanks!

Marty

how do i show non-unique records (duplicates) using advanced f

Thanks for the reply! I was hoping to avoid the helper column. Running the
advanced filter and selecting unique is exactly the way i want to go, only
opposite. if there is any way of doing this withou a helper column i would
prefer it, but i may be stretching. It just seems if the filter can be ran
from VBA and select unique that the opposite should be true.

Thanks Again!

"Marty" wrote in message
i want to show the duplicates and hide the unique records. advanced filter
works great when selecting "unique records only", but i want the opposite
result. any ideas on how to accomplish this using the filter or VBA would be
great!

Thanks!

Bernie Deitrick

how do i show non-unique records (duplicates) using advanced f

Marty,

When you are using the unique items only option, you are not actually filtering to show items that
only appear once - it also shows items that appear multiple times, but only lists them once. So
there really is no 'reverse' of that.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP