-   -   Select range between column and row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/421797-select-range-between-column-row.html)

Robert H

Select range between column and row

In a large field of data I have definded a row range.
colAdd is a string = $H$1,$I$1,$J$1,$K$1,$L$1,$M$1
I want to define all the cells down for all columns using something
like Selection.End(xlDown)

Ive tried severa manipulations
Set preSrcRng = Range(colAdd).End(xlDown)

Robert H

Select range between column and row

sorry, the OP was incomplete

In a large field of data I have definded a range from a segment of the
top row.
colAdd is a string = $H$1,$I$1,$J$1,$K$1,$L$1,$M$1
I want to return all the cells down for all columns using something
like Selection.End(xlDown)

Ive tried severa manipulations
Set preSrcRng = Range(colAdd).End(xlDown)

Robert H

Select range between column and row

sorry, the OP was incomplete

In a large field of data I have definded a range from a segment of
the
top row.
colAdd is a string = $H$1,$I$1,$J$1,$K$1,$L$1,$M$1
I want to return all the cells down for all columns using something
like Selection.End(xlDown)

Ive tried severa manipulations

Set preSrcRng = Range(colAdd).End(xlDown)
just returns the last cell in the first column

sorry, the OP was incomplete

In a large field of data I have definded a range from a segment of
the
top row.
colAdd is a string = $H$1,$I$1,$J$1,$K$1,$L$1,$M$1
I want to return all the cells down for all columns using something
like Selection.End(xlDown)

Ive tried severa manipulations
Set preSrcRng = Range(colAdd).End(xlDown)
returns an error 1004 method fail

any help will be appreciated

Leith Ross[_700_]

Select range between column and row

Hello Robert H,

This method will combine find the end of each column and create a new
range with that includes the end of the columns.

Code:
--------------------

Sub RangeTest()

Dim Addx As String
Dim NewRng As Range
Dim Rng As Range

Set Rng = Range("H1,I1,J1,K1,L1,M1")

For Each Cell In Rng.Areas
If NewRng Is Nothing Then
Set NewRng = Range(Cell, Cell.End(xlDown))
Else
Set NewRng = Union(NewRng, Range(Cell, Cell.End(xlDown)))
End If
Next Cell

Addx = NewRng.Address

End Sub