-   -   Sum of data ranges in two different sheets giving two conditions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/421764-sum-data-ranges-two-different-sheets-giving-two-conditions.html)

primi.gi

Sum of data ranges in two different sheets giving two conditions

Hi All,
in two different ranges on two different sheets, I need to find data that
satisfy two conditions and SUM it in a cell of a third sheet.
The actual spreadsheet is related to accountancy: one sheet called Clients,
one called Invoices, one called Forecast, and so on.
In Forecast I put a simple db.sum that was just good enough (while in year
2008), but now we will keep inserting Invoice in the same sheet for year
2009, and I would like to have a sum for forcasted work for Client X in 2009.
Same for Invoices. Can someone help?

Bernard Liengme

Sum of data ranges in two different sheets giving two conditions

If there ONE condition for each worksheet:
=SUMIF(Sheet1!range_one,criteria_one) + SUMIF(Sheet2!range_two,criteria_two)

If there are TWO criteria for each sheet
=SUMPRODUCT(etc) + SUMPRODUCT(etc)
If required, please ask for more details on SUMPRODUCT after reading:
Bob Phillips
J.E McGimpsey
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"primi.gi" wrote in message
Hi All,
in two different ranges on two different sheets, I need to find data that
satisfy two conditions and SUM it in a cell of a third sheet.
The actual spreadsheet is related to accountancy: one sheet called
Clients,
one called Invoices, one called Forecast, and so on.
In Forecast I put a simple db.sum that was just good enough (while in year
2008), but now we will keep inserting Invoice in the same sheet for year
2009, and I would like to have a sum for forcasted work for Client X in
2009.
Same for Invoices. Can someone help?

primigi

Sum of data ranges in two different sheets giving two conditio

--
Many thnks, that solved the issue. :)
Primigi