-   -   what does =Print means in MS EXCEL (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/421729-what-does-%3Dprint-means-ms-excel.html)

[email protected]

what does =Print means in MS EXCEL

the value of a certain parameter is calculated in another spread sheet
say 'A' and it is used in a yet another spread sheet say 'B'

its calculate in the A sheet as a sum of something and used the summed
value is used in the B sheet, but when double clicked on it, it shows
'=print', so my question is how did it come into B sheet when given
command '=print'.

Answer this as soon as possible. Please and also mail the answer to
or

Mike H[_3_]

what does =Print means in MS EXCEL

Hi,

I think were getting confused in terminology here. Are you referring
to 2 worksheets in the same workbook?

Click

Insert|Name|Define

In the popup do you see a defined range called 'Print' I suspect you
will and that it refers to a cell on sheet B

=Print will return the contents of that named range.

Mike

On Dec 26, 9:40*pm, wrote:
the value of a certain parameter is calculated in another spread sheet
say 'A' and it is used in a yet another spread sheet say 'B'

its calculate in the A sheet as a sum of something and used the summed
value is used in the B sheet, but when double clicked on it, it shows
'=print', so my question is how did it come into B sheet when given
command '=print'.

Answer this as soon as possible. Please and also mail the answer to
or

[email protected]

what does =Print means in MS EXCEL

click

insert[name] define

i did not understood this...

please elaborate...

[email protected]

what does =Print means in MS EXCEL

i suppose the person who has done programming has stored a value in
'print'

so if i say =print in any cell in any spreadsheet in the same work
book then it returns the same value.

Mike H[_3_]

what does =Print means in MS EXCEL

In your menus at the top of the Excel window you will see one called
'Insert'. Click that then click 'Name' then click 'Define'

Mike

On Dec 26, 10:04*pm, wrote:
click

insert[name] define

i did not understood this...

please elaborate...

[email protected]

what does =Print means in MS EXCEL

thanks mike i understood.....

i appreciate your effort and time....

[email protected]

what does =Print means in MS EXCEL

actually i am using ms office 2007 so the names[define] option can
viewed in the tab named 'formulas''names manager'

Rick Rothstein

what does =Print means in MS EXCEL

For future questions you might ask on the newsgroups... you should always
mention the version of Excel that you are using (XL2003 and earlier are
usually assumed if the version is not mentioned).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)