-   -   Excel on a Network (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/421648-excel-network.html)

Howard31

Excel on a Network

Is there a way for multiple computers to share a spreadsheet for EDITING
simultaneously?
--
A. Ch. Eirinberg

gab1972

Excel on a Network

On Dec 23, 8:44*am, Howard31
wrote:
Is there a way for multiple computers to share a spreadsheet for EDITING
simultaneously?
--
A. Ch. Eirinberg

Check out lifehacker.com I've seen some third-party (free) programs
that allow you to do this. I'll look and see if I remember the
article I read. I believe it will have to be third-party though.
Check Google docs spreadsheet. That is a collaborative effort too.

Dave Peterson

Excel on a Network

If you can store the file on a common folder that everyone can access, you could
use Tools|Share workbook (xl2003 menus). Be aware that there are lots of
features that are unavailable in a shared workbook.

And lots of people around here recommend that you stay away from sharing
workbooks. Files get corrupted is one common complaint.

You may want to look at a different application that's built to allow
simultaneous updates -- like a database program (Access???).