Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Procedure works from VBA but not the Ribbon

I get this "Incorrect Function" error and I have narrowed the problem down to
it being only 2 lines of VBA code.

Sub xyz()
ActiveWorkbook.Save
End
End Sub

I need the "End" line of code to clear all variables (there are hundreds of
them). When I run this straight from VBA there are no problems but when I run
the procedure from a ribbon button the "Incorrect Function" error pops up.

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"
<ribbon
<tabs
<tab id="MyCustomTab" label="My Tab" insertAfterMso="TabHome"
<group id="customGroup1" label="Group 1"
<button id="customButton1" label="Button 1" size="normal"
onAction="xyz" /
</group
</tab
</tabs
</ribbon
</customUI

Sub xyz(control As IRibbonControl)
ActiveWorkbook.Save
End
End Sub

The code runs find when either one is absent but not when they run together.

Is there a fix to this problem?
or
Is there another way I can clear all variables with out typing "X=Empty" for
each one?