-   -   Autofill to last cell in other column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/421368-autofill-last-cell-other-column.html)

ALEX

Autofill to last cell in other column

How can I autofill the selected cell down in the selected column to the last
cell in the column to the right? I'd also like to exclude cells where the
cell to the right is null. Thank you very much.

John Howard[_2_]

Autofill to last cell in other column

Hi Alex,

Assuming that you want to create the autofill programatically, rather than
manualy, the macro below should give you what you want, except the exluding
of null cells.

The only way to effect such an exlusion would be to delete the null rows
before the autofill.

Sub FillToLastRow()

Dim LastRow As Long
Dim FillRange As String
Dim FillColumn As Long

'###### Firstly Select the item you want to copy in the autofill column
'then run this macro

'Determines the column number of rhe selcted cell
FillColumn = ActiveCell.Column

'Determines the last used row in the
'first column to the right of the selected
'autofill column
LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, FillColumn + 1).End(xlUp).Row

'Creates the autofill range address in string format
FillRange = Range(Cells(ActiveCell.Row, FillColumn), _
Cells(LastRow, FillColumn)).Address

'Autofills the selected column
'to the last row number, determined
'from the next column to the right
ActiveCell.AutoFill Destination:=Range(FillRange)

Regards
John Howard
Sydney, Australia

"Alex" wrote:

How can I autofill the selected cell down in the selected column to the last
cell in the column to the right? I'd also like to exclude cells where the
cell to the right is null. Thank you very much.

ALEX

Autofill to last cell in other column

This is perfect! Thank you so much.