-   -   Master Spreadhseet retrieves data from children automatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/421223-master-spreadhseet-retrieves-data-children-automatically.html)

Tommy

Master Spreadhseet retrieves data from children automatically

Hallo,

I currently have 10 children spreadsheets that update their data every
afternoon. I want to create a masterspreadsheet that retrieves CERTAIN
COLUMNS of each children spreadsheet. If the data of the children spreadsheet
changes, I obviously would like that change to be also updated automatically
in my master spreadsheet. How do I implement that most elegantly?

royUK[_92_]

Master Spreadhseet retrieves data from children automatically

Some formulas will update across workbooks, but you would need to
explain more fuly what you need.

--
royUK

Hope that helps, RoyUK
For tips & examples visit my 'web site' (http://www.excel-it.com/)
royUK's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=15
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=40159

Tommy

Master Spreadhseet retrieves data from children automatically

There are no formulas involved in the children spreadsheet. The children
spreadsheet just has time series data, that it receives from Datastream. The
masterspreadsheet should just be able to link to these data as they get
updated every day.