-   -   multiple criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/419567-multiple-criteria.html)

geebee

multiple criteria

hi
I would like to know if there is a way I can evaluate 2 cells for
conditional formatting. For example if the value in h2 is lower than cell a1
and higher than c1 make h2 purple otherwise make h2 red.
I would like to know if this can be done using the conditional formatting
menu item. If not I am welcome to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance
geebee

Bernard Liengme

multiple criteria

First condition: use Formula Is
=AND(H2<A1,H2C1)
and set the format

Second condition: use Formula Is
=OR(H2=A1,H2<=C1)
and set the format

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"geebee" (noSPAMs) wrote in message
hi
I would like to know if there is a way I can evaluate 2 cells for
conditional formatting. For example if the value in h2 is lower than cell
a1
and higher than c1 make h2 purple otherwise make h2 red.
I would like to know if this can be done using the conditional formatting
menu item. If not I am welcome to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance
geebee

Barb Reinhardt

multiple criteria

--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.
Put this conditional format on the cell.

=AND(H2<A1,H2C1)