-   -   calculate percentages of 8 hour day (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/419162-calculate-percentages-8-hour-day.html)

digitalmuse

calculate percentages of 8 hour day

I need to create a formula that will display a total amount as a percentage
of an 8 hour day

column b is a named range "starttime" and column c is a named range
"endtime" the difference or result is what i need to display in column J as a
percentage of an 8 hour day

Roger Govier[_3_]

calculate percentages of 8 hour day

Hi
Excel stores times as fractions of a day (24 hours).

Therefore
=(Endtime-Starttime)*24/8
or
=(Endtime-Starttime)*3
Format the cell with the formula as Percent

If starttime and endtime are likely to cross the midnight barrier, then you
would nee to use
either
=MOD(Endtime-Startime,1)*3
or
=(Endtime-Starttime+(End time<=Starttime))*3

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"digitalmuse" wrote in message
I need to create a formula that will display a total amount as a
percentage
of an 8 hour day

column b is a named range "starttime" and column c is a named range
"endtime" the difference or result is what i need to display in column J
as a
percentage of an 8 hour day

digitalmuse

calculate percentages of 8 hour day