-   -   Macro to fire button in external file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/418613-macro-fire-button-external-file.html)

JB

Macro to fire button in external file

I have two files...I have a macro in file #1 that I need to 'click' a button
(to run a macro) in file #2. Any suggestions?

Barb Reinhardt

Macro to fire button in external file

Why can't you just run the macro in File2 from File 1

I believe the syntax is

Application.Run ("File2.xls!Macro1")

--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.

"JB" wrote:

I have two files...I have a macro in file #1 that I need to 'click' a button
(to run a macro) in file #2. Any suggestions?

JB

Macro to fire button in external file

I am somewhat new to this. The functionality in File2 is tied to the button.
It's not a named macro.

Is there anyway to 'activate' the button via a macro in File 1?

thanks,