-   -   How do you specify a sheet when using redirection from a webpage (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/418598-how-do-you-specify-sheet-when-using-redirection-webpage.html)

WISEMANOFNARNIA

How do you specify a sheet when using redirection from a webpage

I have code in asp.net that is supposed to create a spreadsheet. It
works for some people, but others complain that the spreadsheet has no
'sheet1', and instead they are told it has an 'illegal sheet name'.
So I experimented: I thought the XML for the spreadsheet could start
with a tag like <sheet name='MyFirstSheet'. But putting that tag in
doesn't make a difference. In fact, I don't even know if the tag
exists in some kind of Excel xml language.
Does anyone have an idea of how I would specify a name for a sheet?
(technical note - I am using asp.net's Response.Write and passing it
xml)
Thanks,
Marvin

joel

How do you specify a sheet when using redirection from a webpage

workbooks has an optional parameter for a templet. If you don't have a
templet, then a default workbook wil be create. I suspect you are passing a
parameter with some data an casuing the errors. try putting NULL in the
parameter field and see if the errors go away.

workbooks.add(templet)

"WISEMANOFNARNIA" wrote:

I have code in asp.net that is supposed to create a spreadsheet. It
works for some people, but others complain that the spreadsheet has no
'sheet1', and instead they are told it has an 'illegal sheet name'.
So I experimented: I thought the XML for the spreadsheet could start
with a tag like <sheet name='MyFirstSheet'. But putting that tag in
doesn't make a difference. In fact, I don't even know if the tag
exists in some kind of Excel xml language.
Does anyone have an idea of how I would specify a name for a sheet?
(technical note - I am using asp.net's Response.Write and passing it
xml)
Thanks,
Marvin

Tim Williams

How do you specify a sheet when using redirection from a webpage

Create the barebones sheet in Excel then save as XML.

Look at that and then produce the same from ASP.

I get this:
'*****************
<Worksheet ss:Name="MySheet"
<Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="1" ss:ExpandedRowCount="1"
x:FullColumns="1"
x:FullRows="1"
<Row
<Cell<Data ss:Type="String"Hello</Data</Cell
</Row
</Table
<WorksheetOptions xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
<Selected/
<ProtectObjectsFalse</ProtectObjects
<ProtectScenariosFalse</ProtectScenarios
</WorksheetOptions
</Worksheet

Tim