-   -   "File Already Exists" MsgBox when opening Workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/418306-file-already-exists-msgbox-when-opening-workbooks.html)

RyanH

"File Already Exists" MsgBox when opening Workbooks

I keep getting a msgbox popping up when I open some workbooks saying "File
Already Exists". What does this mean? As far as I know the workbook that is
opening is the only workbook with that filename.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

Leo Mazzi[_2_]

"File Already Exists" MsgBox when opening Workbooks

Try emptying the temporary folder and remove all temp files in the folder
where your document is (make sure to display hidden files also when browsing
the folder).

"RyanH" wrote:

I keep getting a msgbox popping up when I open some workbooks saying "File
Already Exists". What does this mean? As far as I know the workbook that is
opening is the only workbook with that filename.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

joel

"File Already Exists" MsgBox when opening Workbooks

You may have a workbook open macro running. You can check to see if a macro
is running by typing Cntl - Break when the msgbox appears. Then press the OK
button on the message box. If a macro is running the code should stop
running in the VBA window at the line after the message box.