-   -   Pivot Tables: Alternative to PivotSelect? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/418218-pivot-tables-alternative-pivotselect.html)

Paul Martin[_2_]

Pivot Tables: Alternative to PivotSelect?

Hi guys

In VBA, we're accustomed to referencing ranges rather than selecting
them (which is of course what the macro recorder does). However, when
referencing ranges within a PivotTable, I don't seem to be able to
avoid PivotSelect and am wondering if there is one.

For example, in the following code, I am trying to format the total
columns of a ColumnField (pt is a declared PivotTable)

pt.PivotSelect "CategoryDemand[All;Total]", xlDataAndLabel, True
Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = 43
Selection.Font.Bold = True

So my question is, can I reference this range and format it, avoiding
PivotSelect?

Thanks in advance

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia

Paul Martin[_2_]

Pivot Tables: Alternative to PivotSelect?

I'm still looking for an answer, even if it's "no, you can't do it".