-   -   Unable to unassign macro from shape (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/418046-unable-unassign-macro-shape.html)

JT[_8_]

Unable to unassign macro from shape

Dear all

I have a shape in my workbook which has a macro assigned to it. I did
this by right clicking the shape, selecting "assign macro" and then
choosing the appropriate macro.

My problem is that I am now unable to undo this. I can assign a
different macro to the shape using the same approach but cannot set up
the shape so that it is not linked to any macro. Does anybody know
how to "unassign" macros from shapes?

Thanks

JT

joel

Unable to unassign macro from shape

the shape has a name associated with it which is the same as the macro. You
need to delete the macro or change the name of the macro on the first line of
the macro to break the link.

"JT" wrote:

Dear all

I have a shape in my workbook which has a macro assigned to it. I did
this by right clicking the shape, selecting "assign macro" and then
choosing the appropriate macro.

My problem is that I am now unable to undo this. I can assign a
different macro to the shape using the same approach but cannot set up
the shape so that it is not linked to any macro. Does anybody know
how to "unassign" macros from shapes?

Thanks

JT

TomPl

Unable to unassign macro from shape

<rightclick<assign macro<delete<OK

Tom

Jim Thomlinson

Unable to unassign macro from shape

Right click the shape and select Assign macro. The dialog will open up. The
combo box at the top shows the Currently assigned macro. Delete the reference
(it should already be selected so just hit delete) and select OK.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"JT" wrote:
Dear all

I have a shape in my workbook which has a macro assigned to it. *I did
this by right clicking the shape, selecting "assign macro" and then
choosing the appropriate macro.

My problem is that I am now unable to undo this. *I can assign a
different macro to the shape using the same approach but cannot set up
the shape so that it is not linked to any macro. *Does anybody know
how to "unassign" macros from shapes?

Thanks

JT- Hide quoted text -

Thanks