-   -   Executing a macro from an add-in in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/418037-executing-macro-add-excel-2007-a.html)

OzJan

Executing a macro from an add-in in Excel 2007

Hi all,

I've written an xll add-in that adds some useful functions to Excel. One of
the things it does is executing a macro. To achieve this I call from the xll
the Excel4v function with xlcrun and the macro name as parameters.
This works fine in Excel 2000-2003, but does nothing in 2007. Excel 2007 has
rampt up its protection against malicious macros, but even running it in
compatibility mode and with protection set as low as I think it can go in the
trust center, it still doesn't work. Has anyone had the same problem and
figured out a solution?

Thanks,

OzJan