-   -   I had this working a few days ago but now cannot get it to run (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/417874-i-had-working-few-days-ago-but-now-cannot-get-run.html)

Jeremiah

I had this working a few days ago but now cannot get it to run

jlgwhiz or mike H helped me out with this awhile ago. Well, for lack of a
better excuse I lost some data and had to start over. Now I cannot get this
to work and cannot figure out why. I am getting a variable not defined error.

Sub ConcatColor()
lastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 2 To lastRow '<<assumes header row
If range("P" & i).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Then
range("P" & i) = Cells(i, 7) & Cells(i, 8) & Cells(i, 9)
End If
Next
End Sub

Mike H

I had this working a few days ago but now cannot get it to run

Hi,

It sounds like you have Option Explicit set and therefore all variables must
be dimensioned. Try this

Sub ConcatColor()
Dim lastrow As Long, i As Long

"jeremiah" wrote:

jlgwhiz or mike H helped me out with this awhile ago. Well, for lack of a
better excuse I lost some data and had to start over. Now I cannot get this
to work and cannot figure out why. I am getting a variable not defined error.

Sub ConcatColor()
lastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 2 To lastRow '<<assumes header row
If range("P" & i).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Then
range("P" & i) = Cells(i, 7) & Cells(i, 8) & Cells(i, 9)
End If
Next
End Sub

Jeremiah

I had this working a few days ago but now cannot get it to run

Thanks, I had given that some thought but am not quite familiar enough with
vb to give it a go on my own. Thanks again, it does work now.