-   -   DDE links cause excel 2003 autosaving after each cell edit (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/417867-dde-links-cause-excel-2003-autosaving-after-each-cell-edit.html)

API RO

DDE links cause excel 2003 autosaving after each cell edit

Hi,
I have a problem with DDE links in Excel. Sometimes, after I insert a DDE
link to a running server (C++ application developed in house) and start to
edit other cells (with no links inside) excel starts to autosave each time I
edit something in (insert a number in a cell and leave it with TAB or
Enter). It happens so even if I delete the link and continue to edit cells.
If I stop the DDE server, excel stops autosaving (with or without the dde
link in place).
During the autosave, DDE Spy does not display any comunication between Excel
and the DDE server.
Any ideas?
Thanks