Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default List Visible Controls in CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")

I would like to hide all controls in the Worksheet Menu Bar except the File
Menu. This is the code I plan to use but it doesn't work. I am getting an
error: Type Mismatch. Can someone make sense of this?

Sub ListUserControls()

Dim ctrl As Control
Dim rw As Long

rw = 2
Error For Each ctrl In Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu
Bar").Controls
If ctrl.Visible = True Then
Sheets("Command Bars").Cells(rw, "B") = ctrl.Caption
rw = rw + 1
End If
Next ctrl

End Sub.

Question #2: In the immediate window I returned a Control.Caption = A&ction.
I do not see it in the Worksheet Menu Bar, so I set its Visible property to
True and I still couldn't see it. Anyone have any ideas of what this is and
what it is used for?

--
Cheers,
Ryan