-   -   Userform - placing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/417466-userform-placing.html)

Mette

Userform - placing

Hi,

I have created a userform which startups when the file opens.

I would like a specific placement different from the standard.

How do I have it to startup with its left corner in A18 for instance?

Mette

corey

Userform - placing

Select the form in VB, and Change the StartUpPosition to manual.

Then place the required position in the LEFT=

Corey....
"Mette" wrote in message

I have created a userform which startups when the file opens.

I would like a specific placement different from the standard.

How do I have it to startup with its left corner in A18 for instance?

Mette

Mette

Userform - placing

Hi Corey

Thanks for your answer.

I have tried this:

Load UserForm1
UserForm1.StartUpPosition = 0
UserForm1.Left = -30
UserForm1.Top = 20

UserForm1.Show

but nothing is changed. The UserForm still pop up in the middle of the
screen. What am I doing wrong?

"Mette" wrote in message

I have created a userform which startups when the file opens.

I would like a specific placement different from the standard.

How do I have it to startup with its left corner in A18 for instance?

Mette

Mike H

Userform - placing

hi,

Right click your userform, View code and paste this in. Play with the
numbers to position it where you want.

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
With UserForm1
.Top = Application.Top + 300 'Top - Bottom
.Left = Application.Left + 25 'Left - Right
End With
End Sub

Mike

"Mette" wrote in message

I have created a userform which startups when the file opens.

I would like a specific placement different from the standard.

How do I have it to startup with its left corner in A18 for instance?

Mette

Duncan[_7_]

Userform - placing

"Mette" wrote in message

I have created a userform which startups when the file opens.

I would like a specific placement different from the standard.

How do I have it to startup with its left corner in A18 for instance?

Mette

That code works fine. Where have you put it?

Mette

Userform - placing

Hi Duncan

I have put it in a Private Sub in another sheet (and also in the Private sub
Workbook_Open):

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Sheets("Porteføljesammensætning").Select

Load UserForm1
UserForm1.StartUpPosition = 0
UserForm1.Left = -50
UserForm1.Top = 20

UserForm1.Show
End Sub

and it still pop up in the middle of the screen.

Mette

"Mette" wrote in message

I have created a userform which startups when the file opens.

I would like a specific placement different from the standard.

How do I have it to startup with its left corner in A18 for instance?

Mette

That code works fine. Where have you put it?

Just done the same;

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Worksheets("sheet1").Select
Load UserForm1
UserForm1.StartUpPosition = 0

UserForm1.Left = -50
UserForm1.Top = 20

UserForm1.Show

End Sub

Works no problems in Excel 2003 so your code is fine. Try adding an
extra line before the Show command;

msgbox "Left = " & str(userform1.left) & ", Top = " &
str(userform1.top)

...to see that it is getting this far ok.

Mette

Userform - placing

Thanks! It works fine.