-   -   Using Variables in ActiveCell.Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/417424-using-variables-activecell-formula.html)

dustinbrearton via OfficeKB.com

Using Variables in ActiveCell.Formula

I am trying to use the below code to insert
"=SUM(D2:D3)"

LastStop = 1
X = 4

StartCell = "D" & LastStop + 1
EndCell = "D" & X - 1
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(" & StartCell & ":" & EndCell & ")"

The result of the activecell.formula line is "=Sum('D2':'D3')"

For ease of explanation I have set LastStop and X to certain numbers. In my
code these two variables change based on where the set ends.

Where have I gone wrong in the ActiveCell.Formula line? How do I get rid of
the ' so that the formula will actually work?

Rick Rothstein

Using Variables in ActiveCell.Formula

Don't use FormulaR1C1 for a formula using normal ranges, use just Formula...

ActiveCell.Formula = "=Sum(" & StartCell & ":" & EndCell & ")"

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"dustinbrearton via OfficeKB.com" <u44989@uwe wrote in message
I am trying to use the below code to insert
"=SUM(D2:D3)"

LastStop = 1
X = 4

StartCell = "D" & LastStop + 1
EndCell = "D" & X - 1
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(" & StartCell & ":" & EndCell & ")"

The result of the activecell.formula line is "=Sum('D2':'D3')"

For ease of explanation I have set LastStop and X to certain numbers. In
my
code these two variables change based on where the set ends.

Where have I gone wrong in the ActiveCell.Formula line? How do I get rid
of
the ' so that the formula will actually work?

Per Jessen

Using Variables in ActiveCell.Formula

Hi

Use ActiveCell.Formula ,

not

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1

Regards,
Per

"dustinbrearton via OfficeKB.com" <u44989@uwe skrev i meddelelsen
I am trying to use the below code to insert
"=SUM(D2:D3)"

LastStop = 1
X = 4

StartCell = "D" & LastStop + 1
EndCell = "D" & X - 1
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(" & StartCell & ":" & EndCell & ")"

The result of the activecell.formula line is "=Sum('D2':'D3')"

For ease of explanation I have set LastStop and X to certain numbers. In
my
code these two variables change based on where the set ends.

Where have I gone wrong in the ActiveCell.Formula line? How do I get rid
of
the ' so that the formula will actually work?

dustinbrearton via OfficeKB.com

Using Variables in ActiveCell.Formula

Do'h. I did not even notice that was on there. Thanks.

Rick Rothstein wrote:
Don't use FormulaR1C1 for a formula using normal ranges, use just Formula...

ActiveCell.Formula = "=Sum(" & StartCell & ":" & EndCell & ")"

I am trying to use the below code to insert
"=SUM(D2:D3)"

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]