-   -   Pictures.Insert not working in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/417320-pictures-insert-not-working-excel-2007-a.html)

Manfred[_3_]

Pictures.Insert not working in Excel 2007

I want to insert pictures in an Excel-sheet by a macro.

In Excel 2003 it worked with:
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert( "http://www.xy.info/FotoName").Select

But in Excel 2007 i get the error: 1004 - Unable to get the Insert
property of the Pictures class.

Can somebody help me to realize this in Excel 2007?

Thanks a lot
Manfred

Ron de Bruin

Pictures.Insert not working in Excel 2007

Hi Manfred

This is a bug in Excel 2007 that I report a long time ago
I not know a workaround

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Manfred" wrote in message ...
I want to insert pictures in an Excel-sheet by a macro.

In Excel 2003 it worked with:
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert( "http://www.xy.info/FotoName").Select

But in Excel 2007 i get the error: 1004 - Unable to get the Insert
property of the Pictures class.

Can somebody help me to realize this in Excel 2007?

Thanks a lot
Manfred

Bob Flanagan[_2_]

Pictures.Insert not working in Excel 2007

Ron, I just tested some code I have that uses
Activesheet.Pictures.Insert(filelocation).Select in Excel 2007, and it
worked fine. I did it on a new workbook. Perhaps that is the difference.
I'm using Excel 2007 SP1

Bob Flanagan

"Manfred" wrote in message
I want to insert pictures in an Excel-sheet by a macro.

In Excel 2003 it worked with:
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert( "http://www.xy.info/FotoName").Select

But in Excel 2007 i get the error: 1004 - Unable to get the Insert
property of the Pictures class.

Can somebody help me to realize this in Excel 2007?

Thanks a lot
Manfred

Ron de Bruin

Pictures.Insert not working in Excel 2007

Test a picture on the Web Bob

--

"Manfred" wrote in message
I want to insert pictures in an Excel-sheet by a macro.

In Excel 2003 it worked with:
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert( "http://www.xy.info/FotoName").Select

But in Excel 2007 i get the error: 1004 - Unable to get the Insert
property of the Pictures class.

Can somebody help me to realize this in Excel 2007?

Thanks a lot
Manfred

Ron de Bruin

Pictures.Insert not working in Excel 2007

Btw:

This is only a bug with a picture on the Web