-   -   Change VBE Settings (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/417131-change-vbe-settings.html)

ward376

Change VBE Settings

Can VBA be used to change VBE settings? Specifically, how can syntax
checking be turned off and variable declaration turned on?

Cliff Edwards

Jim Rech

Change VBE Settings

The VBE programmability object model does not support changing VBE settings.
I think you'd have to investigate making the changes via registry entries.
The setting are stored under this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\6.0\Commo n

--
Jim
"ward376" wrote in message
| Can VBA be used to change VBE settings? Specifically, how can syntax
| checking be turned off and variable declaration turned on?
|
| Cliff Edwards

Peter T

Change VBE Settings

There does not appear to be any exposed property you can change.

However you could add code to read/write 0/1 to
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\VBA\6.0\Common\RequireDecl aration

otherwise SendKeys

Regards,
Peter T

"ward376" wrote in message
Can VBA be used to change VBE settings? Specifically, how can syntax
checking be turned off and variable declaration turned on?

Cliff Edwards

ward376

Change VBE Settings

:( Thanks!