-   -   limiting text entry into columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/417083-limiting-text-entry-into-columns.html)

tobypitblado

limiting text entry into columns

Is it possible for me to set-up a spreadsheet for others to use but will
limit the options of the data that they can enter (text only), so that they
may only chose from a list which they can check more than one option (similar
to the filter function), this would be similar to how e-cert works??

Pete Ross

"tobypitblado" wrote:

Is it possible for me to set-up a spreadsheet for others to use but will
limit the options of the data that they can enter (text only), so that they
may only chose from a list which they can check more than one option (similar
to the filter function), this would be similar to how e-cert works??

Data Validation is what you want to use, from drop downs (or tabs in 2007),
go to Data, then validation (or Data Validation in 2007). From there you
should be able to follow the rest without problem. Hope this helps!

tobypitblado

limiting text entry into columns

Yes this helped, Thanks Pete