-   -   HelpContextID on a single field (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/416967-helpcontextid-single-field.html)

[email protected]

HelpContextID on a single field

Hi

I have a custom dialog where I wanted to define a HelpContextID on the
single fields on the dialog.

I have set the HelpContextID = 90 for the dialog and also set the
WhatsThisButton and WhatsThisHelp to true.

If I only set this on the dialog itself I can press F1 and the
helpfile opens and shows the correct topic.

If I then set any HelpContextID then on one or several fields in this
dialog then pressing F1 tells me "No help topic is associated with
this item" when I'm in this field. If I'm in a field without a
HelpContextID it works again. Also clicking on the "?" at the top of
the dialog and then clicking on the field gives the same error.

Why is this not working? Do I have to set another option?

Thanks
Matthias

NOPIK

On Sep 12, 9:50*pm, wrote:
Hi

I have a custom dialog where I wanted to define a HelpContextID on the
single fields on the dialog.

I have set the HelpContextID = 90 for the dialog and also set the
WhatsThisButton and WhatsThisHelp to true.

If I only set this on the dialog itself I can press F1 and the
helpfile opens and shows the correct topic.

If I then set any HelpContextID then on one or several fields in this
dialog then pressing F1 tells me "No help topic is associated with
this item" when I'm in this field. If I'm in a field without a
HelpContextID it works again. Also clicking on the "?" at the top of
the dialog and then clicking on the field gives the same error.

Why is this not working? Do I have to set another option?

It working perfectly. By setting individual ContextIDs for different
fields you express your wish to have other topics for selected fields.
Define the contents of that topics and you will see it.

[email protected]

On 12 Sep., 22:49, NOPIK wrote:
On Sep 12, 9:50*pm, wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately not. I have defined the ContextIds in the helpfile, but
I still get that error message.