-   -   Getting Underlying Data from a Pivot Table Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/416762-getting-underlying-data-pivot-table-cell.html)

David Brower

Getting Underlying Data from a Pivot Table Cell

Hi Folks,

I am a .NET programmer but have very little VBA experience. I have
created a crosstab report based on a pivot table. What I should like
to do is to get the underlying data from the cells in the pivot table.
When I double-click on a cell in the pivot table a new worksheet is
opened with the corresponding data displayed. However, I wanted to ask
whether there is a way to get at the underlying data for each cell in
the pivot table?

I'm sure there must be but I just can't work out from the
documentation what I need to.

Many thanks in advance!

David

Héctor Miguel

Getting Underlying Data from a Pivot Table Cell

hi, David !

have a look on John Walkenbach's web:
- Creating A Database Table From A Summary Table
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...summary_table/

don't miss at the end of the page, a link to a .txt with the code

hth,
hector.

__ OP __