-   -   Skipping the "Overwrite" warning within a Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/416702-skipping-overwrite-warning-within-macro.html)

Beverly76

Skipping the "Overwrite" warning within a Macro

I am trying to write a macro that opens a file, saves it under a separate
file name, then opens a different file and saves that, etc. I would like to
avoid Excel asking me if I want to overwrite the file within the macro. Is
there a way I can either turn off warnings, or more preferably indicate to
overwrite the file when in the code itself to avoid clicking "Yes" ten times.

This is what the editor has as the recorded code.
ChDir "S:\Test\Macros"
Workbooks.Open Filename:="S:\Test\Macros\MacroA.xls"
ChDir "S:\Test\Copies"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="S:\Test\Copies\FileA.xls", _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
ActiveWindow.Close

--
Sincerely,
Beverly76

dustinbrearton via OfficeKB.com

Skipping the "Overwrite" warning within a Macro

Use.
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Make sure to turn the alerts back on at the end of your code by setting the
above to true.