-   -   Date range - recognise end of each month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/416081-date-range-recognise-end-each-month.html)

Roger on Excel

Date range - recognise end of each month

I have an Excel Gantt chart. I would like to add a line down the rows to
coincide with each month end, so that each month range has verticla
boundaries.

The date range is along row 27.

I use conditional formating to recognise weekends so I suspect I can also
use conditional formatting to recognise month ends.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Roger

Bernie Deitrick

Date range - recognise end of each month

Roger,

Use this formula for

=MONTH(A$27)<MONTH(B$27)

Update the formula to reflect the column letter as the first column of your
selection - ie, if the first date is in column C, then elect C2 through
whatever and use:
=MONTH(C$27)<MONTH(D$27)

HTH,
Bernie

"Roger on Excel" wrote in message
I have an Excel Gantt chart. I would like to add a line down the rows to
coincide with each month end, so that each month range has verticla
boundaries.

The date range is along row 27.

I use conditional formating to recognise weekends so I suspect I can also
use conditional formatting to recognise month ends.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Roger

Roger on Excel