-   -   Startup code and keys to break execution (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/415398-startup-code-keys-break-execution.html)

DawnTreader

Startup code and keys to break execution

Hello All

is there a way to stop the startup code from running by hitting a set of
keys? or is there a way to put code into my startup so that i can hit a set
of keys and have it break the execution.

i have a few workbooks that i am working on and it takes them a while to
load and then refresh all the pivot tables in them. i want to be able to
break the code. additionally i am thinking that i will update the pivot
tables as the user clicks on the tabs, but at the moment i just need to know
if there are preset keys to kill code execution.

thanks for any and all help! :)

Jim Thomlinson

Startup code and keys to break execution

You are probably better of to not let the code start exectuing in the first
place. Try using a message box at the beginning of the startup routine to
determine if you want to run the refresh

if msgbox("Refresh Tables???", vbyesno) = vbno then exit sub
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DawnTreader" wrote:

Hello All

is there a way to stop the startup code from running by hitting a set of
keys? or is there a way to put code into my startup so that i can hit a set
of keys and have it break the execution.

i have a few workbooks that i am working on and it takes them a while to
load and then refresh all the pivot tables in them. i want to be able to
break the code. additionally i am thinking that i will update the pivot
tables as the user clicks on the tabs, but at the moment i just need to know
if there are preset keys to kill code execution.

thanks for any and all help! :)

DawnTreader

Startup code and keys to break execution

Hello Jim

thats a great suggestion. my boss and i were just thinking that when the
sheet is clicked on we could update the pivot tables then.

thanks for the help! :)