-   -   Unable to unhide hidden columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/415387-unable-unhide-hidden-columns.html)

[email protected]

Unable to unhide hidden columns

I have an important file that in times past I've been able to hide and
unhide rows and columns as needed. Now, a number of worksheets will
suddenly no longer unhide. Is there a way to force hidden columns to
be unhidden, but will not prevent them from being hidden later?
Thanks for any help.

Michael

Mike H

Unable to unhide hidden columns

Hi,

If they won't unhide are you sure they are hidden. This may sound daft but
instead of being hidden they could instead be set to a vey small width.
Select your columns then try

Format|Column|Width and enter a value

Mike

" wrote:

I have an important file that in times past I've been able to hide and
unhide rows and columns as needed. Now, a number of worksheets will
suddenly no longer unhide. Is there a way to force hidden columns to
be unhidden, but will not prevent them from being hidden later?
Thanks for any help.

Michael

[email protected]

Unable to unhide hidden columns

They're definitely hidden. What I fear is that although each time the
file has been saved in an Excel 97-2003 format, it may have been
altered in some way while recently working in Excel 2007.

Michael

Don Guillett

Unable to unhide hidden columns

You also asked this in excel. Pls ask in ONLY ONE GROUP.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

wrote in message
I have an important file that in times past I've been able to hide and
unhide rows and columns as needed. Now, a number of worksheets will
suddenly no longer unhide. Is there a way to force hidden columns to
be unhidden, but will not prevent them from being hidden later?
Thanks for any help.

Michael

Dave Peterson

Unable to unhide hidden columns