-   -   Macro to insert formula using cell reference/text - Urgent (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/415313-macro-insert-formula-using-cell-reference-text-urgent.html)

stuck4once

Macro to insert formula using cell reference/text - Urgent

I have a column in my master project list, column L that holds filenames of
all the project that are being worked on. E.g Column L row 2 =
\\Housing\project1.xls

It is possible to create a macro that will use this cell and the filename to
insert a formula in Colum M row 2 to reference to a named range on the sheet?

So Cell M2 ='\\Housing\project1.xls'!Aug08 once the macro has run?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

regards

Arran

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Macro to insert formula using cell reference/text - Urgent

You don't need a macro

="'"&L2&"'!Aug08"

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"stuck4once" wrote in message
I have a column in my master project list, column L that holds filenames of
all the project that are being worked on. E.g Column L row 2 =
\\Housing\project1.xls

It is possible to create a macro that will use this cell and the filename
insert a formula in Colum M row 2 to reference to a named range on the
sheet?

So Cell M2 ='\\Housing\project1.xls'!Aug08 once the macro has run?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

regards

Arran

stuck4once

Macro to insert formula using cell reference/text - Urgent

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your quick response.

The problem is, I need this to actually bring back the result of what is in
the named range on the other spreadsheet, where as this just shows the file
name and the range.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You don't need a macro

="'"&L2&"'!Aug08"