-   -   removing extra spaces in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/415129-removing-extra-spaces-excel.html)

Seemore

removing extra spaces in excel

I have a page of email addresses that I send out in bulk.
Occasionally, when I copy and past the addresses into outlook, I get
an error. The error, I found out, is becasue there is an extra space
(most likely at the end) of the address. I have done searches using
the "find" command but for what ever reason it doesn't seem to find
the spaces all of the time.

Is there a way to search and even remove the extra spaces?

Thanks in advance.

XP

removing extra spaces in excel

Hi,

Check out the "Trim" function...you can use it as a formula in the sheet
itself and copy down, then paste values or you can use it in code...

=Trim(A5)

Hope this helps.