-   -   assign filter inside macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/415093-assign-filter-inside-macro.html)

Atiq

assign filter inside macro

hi there,

I am not a VBA user and got code from a book to generate a pivottable from a
macro. Now the problem is I want to assing the filter on column header '
Period' in the code and dont know which property to change. following is the
code of the macro

Sub CreatePivotFields()

ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard _
SourceType:=xlDatabase, _
SourceData:="'Source'!R1C1:R73C7", _
TableName:="Sales&Trans"

With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Sales&Trans")
..PivotFields("Year").Orientation = xlPageField
..PivotFields("Year").Position = 1
..
..
..PivotFields("Period").Orientation = xlColumnField

at this point i want to assign a filter to 'Period' so it only display
period 'one' items in the pivot.

thanks,

Skinman

assign filter inside macro

Try
I don't know how many items you have, you may have to adjust.

..PivotFields("Period").Orientation = xlColumnField
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Sales&Trans").PivotFields ("Period")
.PivotItems("1").Visible = True
.PivotItems("2").Visible = False
.PivotItems("3").Visible = False
.PivotItems("5").Visible = False
End With
Skinman

"Atiq" wrote in message
hi there,

I am not a VBA user and got code from a book to generate a pivottable from
macro. Now the problem is I want to assing the filter on column header '
Period' in the code and dont know which property to change. following
is the
code of the macro

Sub CreatePivotFields()

ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard _
SourceType:=xlDatabase, _
SourceData:="'Source'!R1C1:R73C7", _
TableName:="Sales&Trans"

With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Sales&Trans")
.PivotFields("Year").Orientation = xlPageField
.PivotFields("Year").Position = 1
.
.
.PivotFields("Period").Orientation = xlColumnField

at this point i want to assign a filter to 'Period' so it only display
period 'one' items in the pivot.

thanks,

Atiq

assign filter inside macro

thanks Skinman, it worked.

now another question :), is it possible to give excluesive code, i mean can
i put code to say that show "1" and hide all others without needing to know
the complete list of values in that pivot item.

thanks again.

"Atiq" wrote in message
hi there,

I am not a VBA user and got code from a book to generate a pivottable from
macro. Now the problem is I want to assing the filter on column header '
Period' in the code and donĂ¢‚¬„¢t know which property to change. following