-   -   Calendar question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/415052-calendar-question.html)

Patrick C. Simonds

Calendar question

I was going to use the code below to set the Calendar during UserForm
initialization but I realized that if rng(1, 4).Value = blank that I
wanted the calendar to open with the correct month and year but no day
selected.

If I eliminate the If rng(1, 4).Value = "" Then
Calendar2.Value = Now()

The Calendar will open with no day selected, but it will not necessarily
come up with the proper month and year (I tried resetting the date on my
compute and the Calendar did not come up with the correct month or year).

Current Code:

If rng(1, 4).Value = "" Then
Calendar2.Value = Now()
Else
Calendar2.Value = rng(1, 4).Value
End If

Mike

Calendar question

try using = Date()

"Patrick C. Simonds" wrote:

I was going to use the code below to set the Calendar during UserForm
initialization but I realized that if rng(1, 4).Value = blank that I
wanted the calendar to open with the correct month and year but no day
selected.

If I eliminate the If rng(1, 4).Value = "" Then
Calendar2.Value = Now()

The Calendar will open with no day selected, but it will not necessarily
come up with the proper month and year (I tried resetting the date on my
compute and the Calendar did not come up with the correct month or year).

Current Code:

If rng(1, 4).Value = "" Then
Calendar2.Value = Now()
Else
Calendar2.Value = rng(1, 4).Value
End If

Mike

Calendar question

sorry disregaurd what i have posted

"Mike" wrote:

try using = Date()

"Patrick C. Simonds" wrote:

I was going to use the code below to set the Calendar during UserForm
initialization but I realized that if rng(1, 4).Value = blank that I
wanted the calendar to open with the correct month and year but no day
selected.

If I eliminate the If rng(1, 4).Value = "" Then
Calendar2.Value = Now()

The Calendar will open with no day selected, but it will not necessarily
come up with the proper month and year (I tried resetting the date on my
compute and the Calendar did not come up with the correct month or year).

Current Code:

If rng(1, 4).Value = "" Then
Calendar2.Value = Now()
Else
Calendar2.Value = rng(1, 4).Value
End If

Dave Peterson

Calendar question

Maybe (if correct means the current month and year)...

Option Explicit
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1")

If rng(1, 4).Value = "" Then
With Me.Calendar2
.Month = Month(Date)
.Year = Year(Date)