-   -   Variable as subject of SET (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/414909-variable-subject-set.html)

Lucas

Variable as subject of SET

Hello,
I,m trying to place an image, that is in worksheet, to user form. I menaged
to do it by copying it to clipboard and than taking it from there to user
form. Everything works fine, but I want to go step forward. What i'm trying
to do is to place picture but name of the picture depends from the option
user will chose. The problem is that I use SET to chose which picture is
copied.
Code looks like this:

set pic=sheet1.image1

this is examle for one picture, but I can't do it for random name:

for example name is:

name="sheet1.image" & i

and for this case it doesen't work, please help.

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Variable as subject of SET

Set pic = sheet1.Shapes("image " & 1)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Lucas" wrote in message
Hello,
I,m trying to place an image, that is in worksheet, to user form. I
menaged
to do it by copying it to clipboard and than taking it from there to user
form. Everything works fine, but I want to go step forward. What i'm
trying
to do is to place picture but name of the picture depends from the option
user will chose. The problem is that I use SET to chose which picture is
copied.
Code looks like this:

set pic=sheet1.image1

this is examle for one picture, but I can't do it for random name:

for example name is:

name="sheet1.image" & i

and for this case it doesen't work, please help.

Peter T

Variable as subject of SET

For ideas -

Private Sub UserForm_Click()
Dim sOlePic As String
Dim ole As OLEObject

sOlePic = "Image1" ' name of the image control on the sheet

Set ole = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects(sOl ePic)
Set Me.Image1.Picture = ole.Object.Picture
Me.Image1.AutoSize = True

Peter T

"Lucas" wrote in message
Hello,
I,m trying to place an image, that is in worksheet, to user form. I

menaged
to do it by copying it to clipboard and than taking it from there to user
form. Everything works fine, but I want to go step forward. What i'm

trying
to do is to place picture but name of the picture depends from the option
user will chose. The problem is that I use SET to chose which picture is
copied.
Code looks like this:

set pic=sheet1.image1

this is examle for one picture, but I can't do it for random name:

for example name is:

name="sheet1.image" & i

and for this case it doesen't work, please help.

Lucas

Variable as subject of SET

Works fine,

Than You Both for help.