-   -   Create input box with 3 fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/414747-create-input-box-3-fields.html)

[email protected]

Create input box with 3 fields

Hello:

I'm trying to create a report filtering tool in Excel and want an
InputBox with 2 fields generated from a macro. It is going to be used
to limit dates to a specific range specified by the user, Month and
Year. I could use two different inputboxes but I'd prefer it was one
form with two Combo Boxes for consistent data entry.

How do I call on a combo box and set the valuelist without usering
values in a worksheet?

How do I use the values selected by the User in a combobox field?

Thank you for your help!

Steven

[email protected]

Create input box with 3 fields

Correction - despite the Subject, it is indeed 2 fields.

On Jul 28, 5:48*pm, wrote:
Hello:

I'm trying to create a report filtering tool in Excel and want an
InputBox with 2 fields generated from a macro. It is going to be used
to limit dates to a specific range specified by the user, Month and
Year. I could use two different inputboxes but I'd prefer it was one
form with two Combo Boxes for consistent data entry.

How do I call on a combo box and set the valuelist without usering
values in a worksheet?

How do I use the values selected by the User in a combobox field?

Thank you for your help!

Steven

JLGWhiz

Create input box with 3 fields

The inputbox method and inputbox function only allow a single field entry.
They cannot be modified since they are part of the VBA software package. As
for loading the combobox without using a worksheet range, you can use either
the AddItem method or the List method. See VBA help file for details on
these two methods.

" wrote:
Hello:

I'm trying to create a report filtering tool in Excel and want an
InputBox with 2 fields generated from a macro. It is going to be used
to limit dates to a specific range specified by the user, Month and
Year. I could use two different inputboxes but I'd prefer it was one
form with two Combo Boxes for consistent data entry.

How do I call on a combo box and set the valuelist without usering
values in a worksheet?

How do I use the values selected by the User in a combobox field?

Thank you for your help!

Steven

JLGWhiz, thank you, I decided to use two prompts for now.