-   -   A beginners Elseif question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/414411-beginners-elseif-question.html)

Cerberus

A beginners Elseif question

I have a user form I created and it has a few option buttons on it to specify
what type of suspension the customer wants. I have it set up so there are
two options for spring and two main options for air. The problem I am having
is if you select spring first and then decide you want air, the information
you enter form there on will effect spring and not air. I put in an Elseif
statement on one of the spring options but I am not sure if I need to put one
on the other also or if I simply did not write it correctly. Please take a
look at what I did and guide me in the right direction

Private Sub OptionSpring_Click()
Range("B27").Formula = "=L175"
Range("J199").Value = "SPRING"
Range("J203").Value = "NO LIFT"
End Sub

Private Sub OptionSprinL_Click()
If OptionSpring = False Then
ElseIf OptionSprinL = False Then
Range("B27").Value = 0
End If
Range("B27").Formula = "=L175-K195"
Range("J199").Value = "SPRING"
Range("J203").Value = "LIFT"
End Sub

joel

A beginners Elseif question

You don't need an elseif . Look at the two examples below

Private Sub OptionSprinL_Click()
If OptionSpring = False Then
'code if required
Else
Range("B27").Value = 0
End If
Range("B27").Formula = "=L175-K195"
Range("J199").Value = "SPRING"
Range("J203").Value = "LIFT"
End Sub

Private Sub OptionSprinL_Click()
If OptionSpring = True Then
Range("B27").Value = 0
End If
Range("B27").Formula = "=L175-K195"
Range("J199").Value = "SPRING"
Range("J203").Value = "LIFT"
End Sub

"Cerberus" wrote:

[...]

JLGWhiz

A beginners Elseif question

I am going to try and explain this without confusing you. The statement can
be true when the value equals false:

This statement: If OptionSpring = False Then

can be true or false. If it is not true, then the next line will not execute.

This line: ElseIf OptionSprinL = False Then

will execute only if the statement on the first line is true. You do not
need to use ElseIf when you use the If...Then without a condition on the fist
line. You could just use a second If. Both statements must be true for B27
to equal zero. That is, both options must equal false.

expl: If OptionSpring = False Then
If OptionSprinL = False Then
Range("B27").Value = 0

I hope this helps you to organize your controls. I did not fully understand
your objective so I won't offer any code for that.

"Cerberus" wrote:

[...]

Thanks for spelling it out for me. It make more sense now. Thanks for both
of your help on this.