-   -   ListFillRange (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/414277-listfillrange.html)

ranswrt

ListFillRange

I have the following code in a procdu

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e =
Range("wrkshtrng").Address

The listbox window is blank. I have been using:

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e = "wrkshtrng"

But I have been having problems. I don't know if that is the cause of the
problems or not. Why is the first code not working?
Thanks

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_2339_]

ListFillRange

After I named a range "wrkshtrng", this line...

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e =
Range("wrkshtrng").Address

worked fine for me.

Rick

"ranswrt" wrote in message
I have the following code in a procdu

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e =
Range("wrkshtrng").Address

The listbox window is blank. I have been using:

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e = "wrkshtrng"

But I have been having problems. I don't know if that is the cause of the
problems or not. Why is the first code not working?
Thanks

ranswrt

ListFillRange

"wrkshtrng" is on a different sheet than the sheet with the listbox in, does
that make a difference?

"ranswrt" wrote in message
I have the following code in a procdu

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e =
Range("wrkshtrng").Address

The listbox window is blank. I have been using:

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e = "wrkshtrng"

But I have been having problems. I don't know if that is the cause of the
problems or not. Why is the first code not working?
Thanks

Dave Peterson

ListFillRange

Did you try all the other suggestions at your earlier post?

Just curious.

--

Dave Peterson

ranswrt

ListFillRange

Yes

ranswrt wrote:

I have the following code in a procdu

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e =
Range("wrkshtrng").Address

The listbox window is blank. I have been using:

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e = "wrkshtrng"

But I have been having problems. I don't know if that is the cause of the
problems or not. Why is the first code not working?
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

ranswrt

ListFillRange

I call this procedure alot when I'm running other procedu

Sub stopautocalc()
With Application
.ScreenUpdating = False
.EnableEvents = False
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
End With
End Sub

Then I turn them back on again. Could this have anything to do with it?

ranswrt wrote:

I have the following code in a procdu

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e =
Range("wrkshtrng").Address

The listbox window is blank. I have been using:

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e = "wrkshtrng"

But I have been having problems. I don't know if that is the cause of the
problems or not. Why is the first code not working?
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

ListFillRange

I don't think so.

You really tried:

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e _
= Range("wrkshtrng").Address(external:=true)

Or being more specific:

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e _
= worksheets("somesheet").Range("wrkshtrng").Address (external:=true)

ranswrt wrote:

I have the following code in a procdu

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e =
Range("wrkshtrng").Address

The listbox window is blank. I have been using:

Sheets("Home").OLEObjects("ListBox1").ListFillRang e = "wrkshtrng"

But I have been having problems. I don't know if that is the cause of the
problems or not. Why is the first code not working?
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

ranswrt

ListFillRange

I changed
Sheets("Current DB") to worksheets("Current DB")
and added (external:=True)
That seemed to have fixed the problem.
Thanks for your help
"Dave Peterson" wrote: